FIX: Data-driven subscription with email notification shows "0 errors" when email delivery fails in SSRS 2012 or SQL Server 2014
Consider the following scenario:
- You are using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (SSRS 2012) or SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services (SSRS 2014).
- You run the Data-Driven subscription that is set to use the e-mail delivery extension.
- The e-mail notification delivery fails because of some reasons such as e-mail system issue or non-existed SMTP server.
Cumulative Update informationThe issue was first fixed in the following cumulative update of SQL Server.
- Cumulative Update 1 for SQL Server 2014 SP1
- Cumulative Update 7 for SQL Server 2014
- Cumulative Update 5 for SQL Server 2012 SP2
Each new cumulative update for SQL Server contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous cumulative update. We recommend that you download and install the latest cumulative updates for SQL Server:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 3040675 - Last Review: 06/22/2015 14:02:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2, SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services, Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1, Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Business Intelligence, SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB3040675