You cannot enter any acceptable ACK codes other than those that are set in the MLLP send port's configuration properties
The Minimal Lower Layer Protocol MLLP) send port checks the acknowledgment (ACK) code in the ACK (that is, the MSA.1_AcknowledgmentCode field of the MSA segment) that's returned by the downstream system and compares it with the acceptable ACK codes that are set in the MLLP send port's configuration properties. The ACK codes that are currently supported by MLLP send port are as follows:
- AA and CA
- AA, CA, AE, and CE
- AA, CA, AR, and CR
However, you cannot enter any additional acceptable ACK codes.
After you apply this hotfix, a new acceptable ACK code that's named Custom is added in the Acceptable ACK Codes list. Additionally, a new text box is added in which you can enter the acceptable custom ACK codes.
- The custom codes should be separated by a comma (,). For example: AE,CE,AR,CR,XX,ZZ.
- If one of the standard combinations (a non-custom option) is selected, you do not have to enter any values in the Acceptable Custom ACK Codes property.
- To make sure that the pipeline validation succeeds for the custom ACK codes, you must add the required custom ACK codes to the corresponding ACK schema.
- You can use the BizTalk Tracking feature (by enabling tracking) to track the message by using the MessageID property that is logged in the event log when the message is retried or suspended.
Cumulative update informationThis issue was first fixed in the following cumulative update of BizTalk Server:
For this featureThe new feature applies to send ports only. After you install the hotfix, the behavior will be based on the acceptable ACK code that you select in the drop-down list instead of the code that is provided by the downstream system.
The MLLP send port checks the ACK code in the ACK (MSA.1_AcknowledgmentCode field of MSA segment) that is returned by the downstream system and compares it with the acceptable ACK codes that are set in the MLLP send port's configuration properties. Current acceptable ACK codes that are supported by the MLLP send port include AA, CA, AE, CE, AR, and CR. You can select all ACK codes or a combination of them. For example, you can select the following as valid:
- AA and CA
- AA, CA, AE, and CE
- AA, CA, AR and CR
An additional Acceptable ACK codes value that is named "Custom" is added in the drop-down list in the Acceptable ACK Codes property. All previous combinations remain and are applied as they were before the new feature was added.
After CUSTOM is selected, you must also enter the new values in the Acceptable Custom ACK Codes property. Each of these new ACK values must be separated by a comma (,).
After you install the hotfix, the behavior will depend on the Acceptable ACK Codes setting that is selected. If the ACK code that is returned matches the selected acceptable code, processing occurs successfully. Standard ACK codes are retried. And, any ACK code that's not listed is suspended. (This will make that ACK code a nonstandard or non-custom ACK code.)
The following table represents this scenario. A written interpretation follows the table.
For AA and CA, message processing always succeeds regardless of any acceptable ACK codes setting that is selected. More information about Acceptable ACK Codes settings is as follows:
- AA, CA: Retries AE, CE, AR, and CR, and suspends any other.
- AA, CA, AE, CE: Accepted and successful: AA, CA, AE, and CE, and retries AR and CR. Suspends any other.
- AA, CA, AR, CR: Accepted and successful: AA, CA, AR, and CR, and retries AE and CE. Suspends any other.
- AA, CA, AR, CR, AE, CE: Accepted and successful: AA, CA, AR, CR, AE, and CE, and no other is returned. ACK is retried, and message is suspended.
- Custom (values are entered and separated by a comma): Example: AA, AE, Foo, ZZ, ZZZ. Accepted and successful: AA, CA, and AE, plus any other entered custom ACK such as, in this case, Foo, ZZ, or ZZZ . Retries CE, AR.
- Any ACK code that's not specified in Acceptable Custom ACK Codes is not retried and is suspended.
When a standard ACK is not entered under Acceptable ACK Codes, an error that resembles the following is returned:
The out-of-the-box ACK schema must be changed by adding to the existing list of standard ACKs (AA,AE,AR,CA,CE,CR). Any additional acceptable custom ACKs (XX and ZZ, for example) must be added to the MSA.1_AcknowledgementCode field of the ACK schema. If the additional custom ACKs are not added to the schema, the pipeline validation fails with a “Table value not found” error.
Prerequisites to install the software updateTo apply this hotfix, you must have the following software installed:
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2
- Microsoft BizTalk 2013 R2 Accelerator for HL7
Restart requirementsYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix. However, we recommend that you close and reopen the BizTalk Admin Console after hotfix installation.
Learn about the standard terminology that's used to describe Microsoft software updates.
Article ID: 3050011 - Last Review: 07/03/2015 00:26:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced kbbts KB3050011