New Office 365 users are not provisioned for Skype for Business Online
A user is created in Office 365 and provided a license that includes Skype for Business Online (formerly Lync Online). However, the user isn't provisioned as expected for a Skype for Business Online account. You can confirm this on the Users tab of the Skype for Business Online admin center.
To troubleshoot this issue, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the user has a valid Skype for Business Online license in the Office 365 portal and that the sign-in status of the user is set to Allowed.
- After you've assigned an appropriate Skype for Business Online license, wait approximately 30 minutes, and then determine whether the user can sign in to Skype for Business Online through any Lync 2013 or Skype for Business client.
- Whereas the service typically takes less than 30 minutes to provision a user, it can sometimes take up to 24 hours to fully provision a user for all services in Office 365. Therefore, wait 24 hours before you escalate the issue.
- Are you synchronizing from an on-premises Active Directory organization, and was the user's msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress attribute already populated through a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) domain that hasn't been verified by Office 365? In this situation, the user won't be provisioned in Skype for Business Online. If the issue persists, submit a support service request.
This issue may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:
- The user doesn't have a Skype for Business Online license.
- Not enough time passed to allow for replication from Microsoft Azure Active Directory to Skype for Business Online.
- There's a conflict with the user’s SIP address.
- The user is in a location that restricts instant messaging usage. Therefore, the user isn't provisioned for Skype for Business Online.
- There are provisioning issues in the on-premises Active Directory.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website.
Article ID: 3063407 - Last Review: 07/06/2015 21:08:00 - Revision: 2.0
Skype for Business Online
- o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 KB3063407