July 2015 cumulative update 5.0.8308.920 for the Lync Server 2013 Bandwidth Policy service
Issue that the cumulative update resolves
How to install the update
Method 1: Cumulative Server Update InstallerThe Cumulative Server Update Installer applies all updates for the appropriate server role in one operation. To use the Cumulative Server Update Installer, follow these steps.
Note If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, you must start the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using elevated permissions to make sure that all updates are installed correctly.
- Download the Cumulative Server Update Installer.
- Run the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using the user interface (UI) or by using a command prompt.
Note When you click Install Updates, the UI indicates which updates are installed.
To run the Cumulative Server Update Installer, run the following command:
LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exeNote You can use the following parameters together with the LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe command:
- The /silentmode option applies all applicable updates in the background.
- The /silentmode /forcereboot options together apply all applicable updates in the background. Additionally, they automatically restart the server at the end of the installation process if it is necessary.
- The /extractall option extracts the updates from the installer, and then it saves the updates in a subfolder that is named "Extracted" in the folder from which you ran the command.
The update is also available from the Microsoft Update website.
Method 2: Microsoft Update
Note After you install this update by using Microsoft Update, you must update the databases on the back-end servers. See how to update the databases on the back-end servers.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
Registry informationTo use one of the cumulative updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Update Replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the November 2014 cumulative update 5.0.8308.834 for the Lync Server 2013 Response Group service.
Update package installation informationTo apply this cumulative update, run pdp.msp on computers that are running the following server roles:
- Lync Server 2013 - Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Enterprise Edition - Front End Server
Removal informationTo remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
When you install the update, insert the source CD or provide the path where the source files can be found if you are prompted to do this.
After the cumulative update is installed, the global version of this cumulative update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Get the latest cumulative update for Lync Server 2013.
Article ID: 3070398 - Last Review: 07/10/2015 23:21:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbsurveynew atdownload kbfix kbexpertiseinter KB3070398