How to install the update
To install the cumulative update for Lync Server 2013 Core Management Server, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Cumulative Server Update Installer
The Cumulative Server Update Installer applies all updates for the appropriate server role in one operation. To use the Cumulative Server Update Installer, follow these steps.Note
If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, you must start the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using elevated permissions to make sure that all updates are installed correctly.
- Download the Cumulative Server Update Installer.
- Run the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using the user interface (UI) or by using a command line.
Note When you click Install Updates, the UI indicates which updates are installed.
To run the Cumulative Server Update Installer, run the following command:
LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exeNotes The following text describes parameters that you can use together with the LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe command:
- The /silentmode switch applies all applicable updates in the background.
- The /silentmode /forcereboot switch applies all applicable updates in the background. Additionally, the switch automatically restarts the server at the end of the installation process if this is necessary.
- The /extractall switch extracts the updates from the installer and saves the updates in a subfolder that is named "Extracted." The subfolder is in the folder in which you ran the command.
After you run the Lync Server Cumulative Update Installer, you must update all the applicable back-end servers. Check out how to update the back-end servers
Method 2: Microsoft Update
The update is also available from the Microsoft Update
After you install this update by using Microsoft Update, you must update the databases on the back-end servers. Check out how to update the databases on the back-end servers
There are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
To use one of the cumulative updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
You may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Update replacement information
This cumulative update replaces the February 2015 cumulative update (KB3036869)
for Lync Server 2013 Core Management Server.
Update package installation information
To apply this cumulative update, run MgmtServer.msp on computers that are running one of the following server roles:
- Lync Server 2013 - Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Enterprise Edition - Front End Server
To remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs
item in Control Panel.
When you install the update, insert the source CD or provide the path where the source files can be found if you are prompted to do this.
The global version of this cumulative update uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the cumulative update. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
After the cumulative update is installed, the global version of this cumulative update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|