Update Rollup 11 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3
Update Rollup 11 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3) was released on September 15, 2015. This update rollup fixes various issues. Before you install this update, you must remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP3. Also, see this important information about how to install this update.
Get Update Rollup 11 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3
Method 1: Microsoft UpdateThis update rollup is available on Microsoft Update.
Note Microsoft Update doesn't detect update rollups for Exchange Server 2010 on clustered Exchange Server 2010 systems.
How to get this update rollup
- Open Windows Update.
- In the left pane, select Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you see a message telling you that optional updates are available, or telling you to review optional updates, click the message to view the updates.
- In the list, select the check box for update 3078674, and then select Install.
Method 2: Microsoft Download CenterThe update rollup is also available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Issues that the update rollup fixes
This update fixes the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
Update detail information
Installation instructionsLearn more about how to install the latest update rollup for Exchange Server 2010.
Also learn about the following update installation scenarios.
Install the update on computers that aren't connected to the Internet
These network requests represent attempts to access the certificate revocation list for each assembly that native image generation (NGen) compiles to native code. However, because the Exchange server isn't connected to the Internet, each request must wait to time out before the process continues.
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, select Internet Options > Advanced.
- In the Security section, clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then select OK.
Install the update on computers that have customized Outlook Web App files
When you apply an update rollup package, the update process updates the Outlook Web App files if that is required. Therefore, any customizations to the Logon.aspx file or to other Outlook Web App files are overwritten, and you must re-create the Outlook Web App customizations in Logon.aspx.
Install the update for CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customers who deploy CAS-CAS proxying
- You are a CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customer.
- You have deployed CAS-CAS proxying.
Note For other Exchange Server 2010 configurations, you don't have to apply the update rollup on your servers in any particular order.
The required services are restarted automatically when you apply this update rollup.
Restart requirementThe required services are restarted automatically when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 11 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 3078674.
Installing this update on a DBCS version of Windows Server 2012You can't install or uninstall Update Rollup 11 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 on a double-byte character set (DBCS) version of Windows Server 2012 if the language preference for non-Unicode programs is set to the default language. To work around this issue, you must first change this setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, select Clock, Region and Language > Region > Administrative.
- In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, select Change system locale.
- On the Current system locale list, choose English (United States) > OK.
Article ID: 3078674 - Last Review: 09/15/2015 15:42:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbsurveynew atdownload kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced KB3078674