August 9, 2016, Update adds and improves data connectivity and transformation features in Excel 2016
After you install August 9, 2016, update for Excel 2016 (KB3115438), the following data connectivity and transformation features are available in Excel 2016:
- Improved SAP HANA connector - Enable multi-select of values for variables or parameters.
- Improved OData connector - Add an option to import Open Type columns from OData feeds.
- Improved Access DB connector - Add the Select Related Tables button in the Navigator dialog box.
- Add an option to generate step names in English in the Query Editor.
- Description for query steps in the Query Editor.
- Extract week day and month name from a DateTime column.
- Merge dates and times into a single DateTime column.
- Extract start or end of an hour based on a DateTime column.
Article ID: 3115436 - Last Review: 08/09/2016 15:57:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbbug kbfix kbhowto KB3115436