Surface 3 LTE devices lose wireless network connectivity after the January 19, 2016, system firmware update is installed
- The Surface 3 LTE device doesn't connect to a wireless network.
- Wi-Fi and LTE/Cellular connectivity options are missing in Windows.
- Bluetooth doesn't work.
- Device Manager shows an error on the Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller and Surface 3 modem devices.
Note These problems occur only when you wake the device from hibernation.
Note Only Surface 3 LTE devices use the Surface CoSAR driver.
If the hotfix is available for download, there's a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to get the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that don't qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you don't see your language, it's because a hotfix isn't available for that language.
- Download the hotfix that is provided in this article.
Note You may receive a signature error when you download the hotfix. However, you can run the file later from the "Downloads" folder (or whichever folder you downloaded the file to).
- Run the hotfix .exe file that you downloaded.
- Select a folder in which to extract the hotfix files.
- Locate the folder to which you extracted the files.
- Open the SurfaceCoSARDriver subfolder.
- Right-click the SurfaceCoSARDriver.inf file, and then click Install.
- When you're prompted, click Yes to install the file.
- After the installation is complete, restart Windows.
Article ID: 3138639 - Last Review: 01/27/2016 20:19:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbautohotfix kbhotfixserver kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner KB3138639