February 2016 update for Lync for Mac 2011 14.3.3 (KB3139293)
This article describes the February, 2016, update (KB3139293) for Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011. This update fixes several issues. Check out the prerequisites before you install the update.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Get update 3139293 for Lync for Mac 2011 14.3.3
Release Date: February 2016
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
How to install this update
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.3.3 update on your computer, you must uninstall any version of Lync for Mac 2011 that is earlier than Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.4. Additionally, you must make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets the operating system version prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To determine the version of Lync for Mac 2011 that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Start Lync for Mac 2011.
- On the Lync menu, click About Lync.
Restart requirementAfter you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.3.3 update, we recommend that you restart the computer before you sign in to Lync for Mac 2011.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the October 2015 update for Lync for Mac 2011 14.2.1.
Issues that the update fixesThis update fixes the issues that are described in the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- 3144567 The change of the "Also ring" option in Preferences can't be saved in Lync for Mac 2011
- 3139306 Text formatting lost when you copy or paste them between Lync for Mac 2011 and Word on a Mac computer
- 3139305 Lync for Mac 2011 conversations aren't saved in the Outlook Conversation History folder when you use an Office 365 account
- 3139304 Video is distorted after a video call window is resized
- 3139292 Lync 2011 for Mac doesn't automatically sign back in
- 3139291 "LocalEndpointAllocationFailed" error is logged and Lync for Mac client becomes unresponsive randomly
- 3139287 Duplicate contacts are displayed in search results in Lync for Mac 2011
- 3139286 Video preview window is black in Lync for Mac 2011
See the general information about resources for Lync for Mac 2011.
Third-party information disclaimer
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3139293 - Last Review: 02/25/2016 07:43:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011
- kbsurveynew kbfix atdownload kbexpertiseinter KB3139293