March 26, 2016, update for Skype for Business Basic 2016 (MSI)
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Skype for Business Basic 2016. The version number of this update is 16.0.4351.1001. MSI installer features include instant messaging (IM), audio and video calls, online meetings, availability (presence) information, and sharing capabilities.
The MSI installer is updated to include the fixes that were previously released through the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- KB 3114846 March 8, 2016, update for Skype for Business 2016
- KB 3114696 February 9, 2016, update for Skype for Business 2016
- KB 3114516 January 12, 2016, update for Skype for Business 2016
- KB 3114372 MS15-128: Description of the security update for Skype for Business 2016: December 8, 2015
- KB 3085634 MS15-116 and MS15-123: Description of the security update for Skype for Business 2016: November 10, 2015
- KB 2910994 MS15-097: Description of the security update for Skype for Business 2016: September 30, 2015
This update is available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. On the Download Center website, click Download, and then select the download that matches the edition of your other Office applications.
Skype for Business Basic 2016 client installers
Am I running 32-bit or 64-bit Office? Additionally, see more information about how to download Microsoft support files.
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses by using the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to it.
System requirementsThe Skype for Business Basic 2016 client has the following system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7
- Browser: Windows Internet Explorer 10 Internet, Windows Internet Explorer 9, Windows Internet Explorer 8, Windows Internet Explorer 7, or Mozilla Firefox
- Memory: 2 gigabytes (GB) of RAM
For additional system requirements, see Client software support.
Installing the clientTo install the Skype for Business Basic 2016 client, follow these steps:
- Click the Download button, and then save the Lyncentry.msi file to your hard disk.
- Run the downloaded file to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Uninstalling the clientTo uninstall the Skype for Business Basic 2016 client, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Under Programs and Features, click Uninstall a program.
- In the list of currently installed programs, right-click Skype for Business Basic 2016, and then click Uninstall.
Article ID: 3152919 - Last Review: 04/05/2016 18:50:00 - Revision: 1.0
Skype for Business 2016
- kbqfe kbsurveynew atdownload kbexpertiseinter KB3152919