Description of Cumulative Update 5 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager clients for UNIX and Linux
- System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
- System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 2
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
Changes included in this updateChanges to supported client operating systems include the following:
- Adds support for Debian GNU/Linux Server 8 (x86/x64)
Issues that are fixed in this update
- In some cases, the ccmexec process encounters a segmentation fault. The UNIX and Linux clients run under the ccmexec process. However, in a variety of scenarios, the ccmexec process may encounter invalid data and trigger a segmentation fault that resembles the following:ccmexec.bin[xxxx]: segfault at xxxxxx ip xxxxxxx sp xxxxxxx error 15
This update fixes the causes of the segmentation fault so that UNIX and Linux clients no longer crash in this situation.
- Multifile software distribution packages are not downloaded as expected. When you create a software distribution package that contains source files that use a multi-directory structure, the Configuration Manager client for UNIX and Linux cannot download all the files. With this update, multifile packages are downloaded correctly and to the intended destination.
- In some cases, UNIX and Linux clients cannot register with Configuration Manager Management Point. When you install the UNIX and Linux client, registration with the Configuration Manager Management Point fails if HTTP 1.1 compliance is enforced. With this update, the HTTP requests made by the UNIX and Linux clients are now fully HTTP 1.1-compliant.
- Software distribution schedules do not use the correct UTC time. Software distributions that are scheduled to run on a specific schedule and that have the UTC time check box selected do not use the correct UTC time. With this update, the scheduler engine now uses the correct time zone and UTC time, if it is enabled.
- Hardware Inventory does not contain the MAC Address property. Hardware Inventory for UNIX and Linux clients includes Network Adapter properties, including the MAC address. With this update, this property is now displayed as part of Hardware Inventory.
- The Configuration Manager client for UNIX and Linux deletes non-Configuration Manager directories. When the Configuration Manager client runs software distribution with a package that contains source files from a directory structure that matches the name of a root level UNIX or Linux server directory, the root level directory is deleted. For example, assume that the source files for software distribution are in the C:\Windows\LinuxPkg directory, and the LinuxPkg directory contains the \tmp folder. When the Configuration Manager client has finished the software distribution process and is performing cleanup, the \tmp directory on the UNIX or Linux server is deleted. With this update, the Configuration Manager client for UNIX and Linux enforces a stricter parsing of folders to delete as soon as the software distribution job is finished.
- The UNIX and Linux client does not retry the package download that's available on the distribution point. In some cases, a software distribution package for the UNIX and Linux client is not distributed to a Configuration Manager distribution point. This causes the UNIX and Linux client to enter a WAITING_RETRY state. After you apply this update, as soon as the content is distributed, the UNIX and Linux client receives the new location request and processes the content.
How to obtain Cumulative Update 5 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Clients for UNIX and Linux
Download informationCumulative Update 5 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Clients for UNIX and Linux is available from the Microsoft Download Center:
Information about how to upgrade UNIX and Linux clients can be found here.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Note We recommend that you close the Configuration Manager Administrator Console before you install this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the following previously released updates:
2998616 Description of Cumulative Update 3 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Clients for Linux and UNIX
2976481 Description of Cumulative Update 2 for the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Clients for Linux and UNIX
2957122 Description of Cumulative Update 1 for the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager clients for UNIX and Linux
How to determine the installation of this cumulative updateThis cumulative update changes the following Configuration Manager version number.
The version that's displayed in the About System Center Configuration Manager dialog box is 5.00.7958.1254.
The client version number can displayed by running the following command:
The version number should be 5.00.7958.1254.
New cumulative update servicing model for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Third-party information disclaimer
Article ID: 3153319 - Last Review: 03/31/2016 23:59:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter atdownload KB3153319