FIX: Selection change on Excel grouping errors out when the data is from a SQL Server Analysis Services ROLAP partition
Consider the following scenario:
- You use SQL Server 2012, 2014, or 2016 Analysis Services.
- You create an Excel pivot table that selects Dimension and ROLAP partition data.
- You apply Excel grouping and additional filtering on the grouped dimensions.
- You save and close the workbook.
- You reopen the workbook.
However, when you expand the group, change the selection, and then click OK, an internal error occurs.
The issue was first fixed in the following cumulative updates of SQL Server:
- Cumulative Update 1 for SQL Server 2014 SP2
- Cumulative Update 8 for SQL Server 2014 SP1
- Cumulative Update 4 for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 3
- Cumulative Update 1 for SQL Server 2016
- Cumulative Update 14 for SQL Server 2014
- Cumulative Update for 12 SQL Server 2012 SP2
Each new cumulative update for SQL Server contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous cumulative update. We recommend that you download and install the latest cumulative updates for SQL Server:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3160874 - Last Review: 08/25/2016 16:49:00 - Revision: 7.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services, Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Business Intelligence
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB3160874