FIX: Illegal name character error when you parse module_end event output in SQL Server 2014
Consider the following scenario:
- You create an extended event session to capture the module_end extended event.
- You set the collect_statement attribute to 1.
- You configure the event to send the output to a file target.
- You review the output from the file target by using the sys.fn_xe_file_target_read_file function, and you cast the event data as XML, for example, by using the following syntax:
SELECT *, CAST(event_data AS XML) AS 'event_data_XML' FROM sys.fn_xe_file_target_read_file('file_name*.xel', NULL, NULL, NULL)
XML parsing: line 1, character 592, illegal name character
Service pack informationThe issue was first fixed in the following Service Pack for SQL Server.
Service Pack 2 for SQL Server 2014
About Service packs for SQL Server
Service packs are cumulative. Each new service pack contains all the fixes that are in previous service packs, together with any new fixes. Our recommendation is to apply the latest service pack and the latest cumulative update for that service pack. You don't have to install a previous service pack before you install the latest service pack. Use Table 1 in the following article for finding more information about the latest service pack and latest cumulative update.
How to determine the version, edition and update level of SQL Server and its components?
Article ID: 3170044 - Last Review: 07/11/2016 17:35:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB3170044