You're repeatedly prompted to activate after you install a Volume License copy of Office 2016
Registry key informationImportantThis section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Close the activation screen.
- On the Start menu, click Run.
- Type regedit, and then press Enter.
- Locate and select the following registry subkey:
- Right-click the OEM value, and then click File>Export.
- Save the subkey.
- After the subkey is backed up, click Edit>Delete.
- Repeat steps 4-7 with the following subkey:
- Exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 3170450 - Last Review: 06/21/2016 17:02:00 - Revision: 2.0