July 2016 update for Lync for Mac 2011 14.4.1 (KB3175174)
This article describes the July 2016, update (KB3175174) for Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011. This update fixes several issues. See the prerequisites before you install the update.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Get update 3175174 for Lync for Mac 2011 14.4.1
Download the Lync for Mac 2011 14.4.1 update package now.
Release Date: July 2016
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
How to install this update
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.4.1 update on your computer, you must uninstall any version of Lync for Mac 2011 that's earlier than Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.4. Additionally, you must make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets the operating system version prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To determine the version of Lync for Mac 2011 that's installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Start Lync for Mac 2011.
- On the Lync menu, click About Lync.
Restart requirementAfter you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.4.1 update, we recommend that you restart the computer before you sign in to Lync for Mac 2011.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the February 2016 update for Lync for Mac 2011 14.3.3.
Issues that the update fixesThis update includes improvements and fixes that are described in the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- KB3175168 Update to add Offline IM feature to Lync for Mac 2011
- KB3175164 Lync for Mac 2011 doesn't honor certain client policy
- KB3175165 Poor audio quality after 15 minutes in a video call on Lync for Mac 2011
- KB3175166 Lync for Mac 2011 receives "You missed a call" message instead of "Your call was not answered"
- KB3175167 Lync for Mac 2011 re-signs in after MacBook resumes even though you have explicitly signed out
- KB3175170 Authorization prompts continue to appear even after you enter correct credentials in Lync for Mac 2011
- KB3175173 Lync for Mac 2011 client doesn't stop playing ringing sound when the called party is busy
See the general information about resources for Lync for Mac 2011.
Third-party information disclaimer
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3175174 - Last Review: 07/13/2016 22:16:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011
- kbfix atdownload kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB3175174