To install the cumulative update for the Lync Server 2013 Response Group service, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Server Update Installer
The Cumulative Server Update Installer applies all updates for the appropriate server role in one operation. To use the Cumulative Server Update Installer, follow these steps.Note
If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, you must start the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using elevated permissions to make sure that all updates are installed correctly.
- Download the Cumulative Server Update Installer.
- Run Cumulative Server Update Installer by using the UI or at a command prompt.
Note When you click Install Updates, the UI indicates which updates are installed.
To run the Installer, run the following command:
LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exeNote You can use the following parameters together with the LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe command:
- The /silentmode option applies all applicable updates in the background.
- The /silentmode /forcereboot options used together apply all applicable updates in the background. Additionally, they automatically restart the server at the end of the installation process if necessary.
- The /extractall option extracts the updates from the installer, and then it saves the updates in a subfolder that's named "Extracted" in the folder from which you ran the command.
After you run the Lync Server Cumulative Update Installer, you must update all the applicable back-end servers. To do this, see how to update the back-end servers
Method 2: Microsoft Update
The update is also available from the Microsoft Update
After you install this update by using Microsoft Update, you must update the databases on the back-end servers. To do this, see how to update the databases on the back-end servers
There are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
To use one of the updates in this package, you don't have to make any changes to the registry.
Update replacement information
This cumulative update replaces the April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.956
for the Lync Server 2013 Response Group service.
You may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Update package installation information
To install this cumulative update package, install the rgs.msp package on computers that are running one of the following server roles:
- Lync Server 2013 - Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Enterprise Edition - Front End Server
To remove this cumulative update package, use the Add or Remove Programs
item in Control Panel.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall this cumulative update, you are prompted for the source CD. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD, or provide the path where the source files can be found.
The global version of this cumulative update uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the cumulative update. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
After the cumulative update is installed, the global version of this cumulative update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|