Processing a partition causes data loss on other partitions after the database is restored in SQL Server 2016 (1200)
- Restore a SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) database (of compatibility level 1200)
- Attach an SSAS database (of compatibility level 1200)
- Restart a server that contains an SSAS database (of compatibility level 1200)
For example, this issue may occur in the following scenarios.
- You restart an instance of SQL Server 2016 that contains an SSAS database of compatibility level 1200 that contains a table that has a single partition.
- You add a partition to the table, and then you process only the newly added partition.
- The previously existing partition in the table loses data.
- You restore an SSAS database of compatibility level 1200 (that has a multi-partitioned table) from a backup.
- You process a single partition in the table.
- The other partitions in the table lose data.
Download informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 3179258 - Last Review: 08/17/2016 07:14:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced atdownload KB3179258