Lock icon removed from Address bar of sites that are protected by SHA-1 certificates in Internet Explorer 11
About this update
Note This will affect only those certificates that chain to a certificate authority in the Microsoft Trusted Root Certificate program.
How to get this update
Note This update was first included in the MS16-084: Security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016.
To have this change apply for Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows 10 version 1511, you must also install the following updates:
- KB3172605 July 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- KB3172614 July 2016 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3163912 Cumulative update for Windows 10: July 12, 2016
- KB3172985 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511: July 12, 2016
Article ID: 3180315 - Last Review: 07/21/2016 18:33:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced KB3180315