Update Rollup 16 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3
Update Rollup 16 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3) was released on December 13, 2016. Before you install this update, you must remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP3. Also, see this important information about how to install this update.
This update includes time zone updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP3. For more information about daylight saving time (DST), go to Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center.
Get Update Rollup 16 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3
Method 1: Microsoft UpdateThis update rollup is available on Microsoft Update.
Note Microsoft Update doesn't detect update rollups for Exchange Server 2010 on clustered Exchange Server 2010 systems.
How to get this update rollup
- Open Windows Update.
- In the navigation pane, select Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you see a message that states that optional updates are available or asks you to review optional updates, select the message to view the updates.
- In the list, select the check box for update 3184730, and then select Install.
Method 2: Microsoft Download CenterThe update rollup is also available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Update detail information
Installation instructionsLearn more about how to install the latest update rollup for Exchange Server 2010.
Also learn about the following update installation scenarios.
Install the update on computers that aren't connected to the Internet
This behavior is caused by network requests to connect to the following website:
These network requests represent attempts to access the certificate revocation list for each assembly that native image generation (NGen) compiles to native code. However, because the server that's running Exchange Server isn't connected to the Internet, each request must wait to time out before the process continues.
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, select Internet Options, and then select Advanced.
- In the Security section, clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then select OK.
- When setup is complete, select the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box again.
Install the update on computers that have customized Outlook Web App files
When you apply an update rollup package, the update process updates the Outlook Web App files, if it's required. Therefore, any customizations to the Logon.aspx file or to other Outlook Web App files are overwritten, and you must re-create the Outlook Web App customizations in Logon.aspx.
Install the update for CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customers who deploy CAS-CAS proxying
- You're a CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customer.
- You have deployed CAS-CAS proxying.
Restart requirementThe required services are restarted automatically when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 16 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 3184730.
Installing this update on a DBCS version of Windows Server 2012You can't install or uninstall Update Rollup 16 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 on a double-byte character set (DBCS) version of Windows Server 2012 if the language preference for non-Unicode programs is set to the default language. To work around this issue, you must first change this setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, select Clock, Region and Language, select Region, and then select Administrative.
- In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, select Change system locale.
- On the Current system locale list, select English (United States), and then select OK.
Article ID: 3184730 - Last Review: 12/13/2016 18:22:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced KB3184730