FIX: Error when you select a KPI in a Power View report that consumes a BISM connection in a PowerPivot Gallery
Assume that you open a Power View report that uses a BI semantic model connection. When you select a Key Performance Indicator (KPI), you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
Power View was not able to complete the action due to a query failure. This can happen if the structure of your data has changed, in which case closing and re-opening the application will resolve the problem.However, closing and reopening the application don't resolve the issue in this case.
This issue occurs when the following conditions are true:
- You open the PowerPivot report from a SharePoint PowerPivot Gallery.
- The Power View report uses a BI semantic model connection that connects to a multidimensional database.
- The KPI you selected is created in the given tabular module.
- The tabular module database is running on an instance of SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services.
This problem was fixed in the following cumulative updates for SQL Server:
About cumulative updates for SQL Server
Each new cumulative update for SQL Server contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous cumulative update. Check out the latest cumulative updates for SQL Server:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3188670 - Last Review: 09/28/2016 08:19:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 3
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB3188670