Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016: September 26, 2016
Known issues in this update
IssueThe installation of this update (KB3192366) fails if the RSAT-RemoteAccess-Powershell feature is already installed on your computer.
WorkaroundMethod 1: Command prompt
Before you install KB3192366, run the following command at an elevated command prompt:
- The path should be changed based on the languages that are installed. Run the mofcomp command for every installed language pack in the following path: For example, run the following commands:
mofcomp %windir%\System32\wbem\en-us\RAMgmtPsProvider_Uninstall.mflmofcomp %windir%\System32\wbem\fr-fr\RAMgmtPsProvider_Uninstall.mfl
- If you don't have the %windir%\System32\wbem\en-us\RAMgmtPsProvider_Uninstall.mfl file, you should not have issues that affect the installation or removal of KB3192366.
- Open an elevated Command Prompt window.
- Mount the install.wim image. For example:
Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:C:\test\images\install.wim /index:1 /MountDir:C:\test\offline
- Download KB3176936 to your local disk, and then update the Windows image by using KB3176936. For example:
Dism /Add-Package /Image:C:\test\offline /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows10.0-KB3176936-x64.msu
- Disable the Remote Access PowerShell feature by running the following command:
Dism /Image:C:\test\offline /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:RemoteAccessPowerShell
- Disable the Remote Access Management Tools feature by running the following command:
Dism /Image:C:\test\offline /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:RemoteAccessMgmtTools
- Download KB3192366 to your local disk, and then update the Windows image by using KB3192366. For example:
Dism /Add-Package /Image:C:\test\offline /PackagePath:C:\MSU\Windows10.0-KB3192366-x64.msu
- Enable the Remote Access Management Tools by running the following command:
Dism /Image:C:\test\offline /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:RemoteAccessMgmtTools
- Enable the Remote Access PowerShell feature by running the following command:
Dism /Image:C:\test\offline /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:RemoteAccessPowerShell
- Re-enable all other dependent roles. For example, in the Windows Server Essentials edition, the WSS-Product-Package feature is disabled when either the RemoteAccessPowerShell or RemoteAcessMgmtTools feature is disabled. Therefore, you have to enable WSS-Product-Package after you enable RemoteAccessPowerShell and RemoteAcessMgmtTools in steps 7 and 8. To do this, run the following command (for example):
Dism /Image:C:\test\offline /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:WSS-Product-Package
- Unmount the install.wim image. For example:
Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:C:\test\offline /commit
How to get this update
Method 1: Windows UpdateThis update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Method 2: Microsoft Update CatalogTo get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have Servicing stack update for Windows 10 Version 1607: August 23, 2016 (KB3176936) installed.
Restart informationYou have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update doesn't replace a previously released update.
Article ID: 3192366 - Last Review: 11/04/2016 08:03:00 - Revision: 8.0
- kbsurveynew atdownload kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced kbcontentauto KB3192366