Reconciling Payables to General Ledger
Accounts Payable balance in General Ledger is different than the total amount due on the Historical Aged Trial Balance in Payables. What could cause this?
1. Make sure you are printing the Historical Aged Trial Balance for all vendors.
2. Make sure you are viewing all Accounts Payable accounts in General Ledger.
3. Payable batches that have posted to GL may have been changed or edited before being posted in GL.
4. Adjustments to the Accounts Payable account may have been entered directly in GL. These transactions would update the account in General Ledger but not the Historical Aged Trial Balance in PM.
5. Make sure the date ranges are the same for the Detailed Trial Balance from GL and the Historical Aged Trial Balance in PM.
6. Transactions may have been posted in PM without posting GL beginning balances. If Post To General Ledger is unmarked in Setup - Posting - Posting for the purchasing series, then transactions will post to Payables but not to General Ledger.
7. When Track Discounts Available in GL is marked in Setup - Purchasing - Payables, then the net amount of the invoice will post to GL with the remaining amount going to a Discounts Available account. Only the net amount will show on the Detailed Trial Balance in GL, but on the Historical Aged Trial Balance in PM, the invoices show the gross invoice total. In this case, the discounts available account balance in GL should be added to the accounts payable account balance in GL to reconcile to the Historical Aged Trial Balance in PM.
8. If documents were voided in a different period in which they were originally posted, the Detailed Trial Balance in GL may not match the Historical Aged Trial Balance in PM.
9. Posting Interruptions. If posting interruptions have occurred, batches may not have posted to GL and PM correctly.
10. All GL batches should be posted.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 2633
Article ID: 856707 - Last Review: 12/14/2015 19:16:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0
- kbnosurvey kbmbsmigrate KB856707