How can I update Multidimensional Analysis (MDA) accounts with Bank Reconciliation transactions?
1. Before you post transactions in Bank Rec, you will want to make sure that you are set up to Post To General Ledger. You may do this by going to Setup | Posting | Posting. Here you will want to select your Financial series, and select the windows you are posting from in Bank Rec.
2. Make sure that Post to General Ledger is checked, and Post through General Ledger is not checked. This will create a batch in General Ledger after posting your information in Bank Rec.
3. You may now post your information in Bank Rec.
4. After posting, go to Transactions | Financial | Batches. Select the CM batch that was created from you posting in Bank Rec.
5. Select the transactions button, and pull up your transactions by selecting the VCR button in the bottom left side of the window.
6. When your transaction is showing, select (Highlight) the account that should have MDA information assigned to it.
7. Select the Account Analysis button. When this window opens, select OK, then close the Transaction Entry Window.
8. You may now select your batch in the batch entry window, and post it. You MDA information will be updated.