How to set up the account segment ID per site ID in Inventory in Microsoft Dynamics GP
This article describes how to assign account segment IDs to sites in the Inventory Control Setup window and in the Site Maintenance window. After the site segment is set up, General Ledger accounts default onto transactions according to the account segment that is assigned to the site. It will substitute the site segment and then pull the remaining account segments from the general ledger account that is set up in the Item Account Maintenance window or in the Posting Accounts Setup window.
The following accounts are defined in the Item Account Maintenance window. To open the Item Account Maintenance window, point to Inventory on the Cards menu, click Item, and then click Accounts. The following accounts substitute the account segment ID that you specify in the Site Maintenance window:
- Inventory Offset
- Cost of Goods Sold
- Sales Returns
- In Use
- In Service
- Drop Ship Items
- Purchase Price Variance
- Unrealized Purchase Price Variance
- Inventory Returns
- Assembly Variance
How to set up Inventory Control to select the account segment ID for sitesTo set up Inventory Control to select the segment ID for sites, follow these steps:
- Open the Inventory Control Setup window. To do this, use the appropriate step:
- For Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 and Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains 8.0, point to Setup on the Tools menu, point to Inventory, and then click Inventory Control.
- For Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, point to Tools on the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Setup, point to Inventory, and then click Inventory Control.
- Enter an account segment ID in the Segment ID for Sites field. The name of the account segment that you specify in the Segment ID for Sites field is displayed as the label in the Site Maintenance window.
For example, you have a four-segment account number, Location-Department-Account-Subaccount. If you select Department as the segment ID, the Department is displayed as the label for the account segment ID in the Site Maintenance window.
How to set up Site Maintenance to select the account segment for the siteSelect an account segment to represent each site. You can enter a segment number to represent each site. When you sell an inventoried item from a particular site, the account segment ID that is specified for that site is substituted into the account number. To enter an account segment ID for each site, follow these steps:
- On the Cards menu, point to Inventory, and then click Site.
- In the Site Maintenance window, select the site ID in the Site ID field, and then select the correct account segment ID in the Account Segment ID field.
Consider the following example. The default inventory account is 000-1300-00. The North site ID has department 200 defined as the account segment ID in the Site Maintenance window. Site 200 is substituted for site 000 for the inventory account. The account 200-1300-00 must be set up in General Ledger. Otherwise, the transaction is posted to account 000-1300-00.
How to verify the substitution for accountsThe following types of transactions use site substitution:
- Inventory (IV)
- Sales Order Processing (SOP)
- Purchase Order Processing (POP)
- Bill of Materials (BOM)
To verify the substitution for accounts of these types, follow these steps:
- On the Transactions menu, point to Sales, and then click Sales Transaction Entry.
- In the Sales Transaction Entry window, click the expansion button in the Item Number field.
- In the Sales Item Detail Entry window, click Distributions.
- In the Sales Line Item Distribution Entry window, you can verify the substitution for accounts of these types.
Article ID: 874124 - Last Review: 04/04/2016 16:22:00 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0, Microsoft Business Solutions–Great Plains 8.0, Inventory Control
- kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbhowto kbexpertiseinter kbmbsmigrate KB874124