A new window opened in Internet Explorer displays a blank white page
Error 49: Interface not registered
This article helps you fix the problem.
To have us fix this problem for you, go to the “Fix it for me” section. If you would rather fix this problem yourself, go to the “Let me fix it myself” section.
Fix it for me
Note This wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Now go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myself
- Click Start, and then click Run
- Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Click OK when you receive the following message:DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 for the rest of the DLL files by replacing the regsvr32 urlmon.dll command in the Open box with the following commands:
- regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
- regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
- regsvr32 mshtml.dll
- regsvr32 browseui.dll
- regsvr32 jscript.dll
- regsvr32 vbscript.dll
- regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
Did this fix the problem?
Article ID: 902932 - Last Review: 12/20/2012 07:29:00 - Revision: 9.0
- kbmsifixme kbfixme kbtshoot kberrmsg kbprb KB902932