Microsoft Games: InstallShield Error Messages
When you try to install a Microsoft game, you receive one of the following error messages immediately after you start the installation:
Error message 1
Error -1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime
Error message 2
Error - 1628: failed to complete installation
This error occurs when the InstallShield application is corrupted or is damaged.
To resolve this problem, try the following methods in the order in which they are presented.
Method 1: Rename the InstallShield folder
- In Windows Explorer or in My Computer, open the following folder: DRIVE \Program Files\Common Files\
- Right-click the Installshield folder, and then click Rename.
- Type InstallShield1, and then press ENTER.
- Try to install the game.
Method 2: Download and install the latest Windows Installer packageTo install the latest Windows Installer, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Notes
- Download the .msu or .exe file for your version of Windows.
- "x86" means that you have a 32-bit version of Windows. "x64" means that you have a 64-bit version of Windows.
- If you are not sure about which operating system you have, download and install the x64-based version. In the instructions, you will find information about the appropriate file to use.
Method 3: Locate and then close the filesTo resolve this problem, locate, and then close the Idriver.exe and Msiexec.exe files. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Task Manager. To do this, click Start, type taskmgr in the Start Search box, and then click taskmgr.exe in the Programs list.
- On the Processes tab, in the Image Name column, locate idriver.exe and msiexec.exe.
- Select each instance of both processes, and then click End Process.
- Click End Process on each Windows Task Manager window that opens.
- Close the Task Manager.
Method 4: Create a new user accountCreate a new user account that has administrative rights. Then, use this new user account to install the game. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Click User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Under User Accounts, click Add or remove user accounts.
- Click Create a new account.
- Type the account name.
- Select the account type: Standard or Administrator.
- Click Create Account. Select the account that you just created.
- Click Create a password.
- Type a password for the user account. Also type a password hint.
- Click Create password.
- Log off your current account.
- Log on by using your new account.
- Start the installation.
Method 5: Perform a clean startup procedureWhen you start Microsoft Windows, other software may start automatically together with the operating system. These programs and services can include antivirus software and system utilities that may interfere with the game. When you perform a clean startup, you prevent these programs from starting automatically. You must be logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group to complete this procedure. If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.
For more information about how to perform a clean restart, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
331796 Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or programIf these steps do not resolve the problem, go to Method 6.
Method 6: Download and install the latest version of the .NET FrameworkTo download and install the latest version of the .NET Framework, visit the following MSDN Web site:
If these methods do not resolve the problem, continue to troubleshoot the problem.
AOE III AOE 3 1607 installshield runtime
आलेख ID: 910816 - पिछली समीक्षा: 08/17/2016 05:06:00 - संशोधन: 10.0
Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition, Microsoft Flight Simulator X Standard Edition, Microsoft Age of Empires III, Microsoft Age of Empires III : The WarChiefs, Microsoft Dungeon Siege II, Fable: The Lost Chapters PC, Microsoft Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties, Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration Expansion Pack, Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1, Microsoft Gears of War (PC), Microsoft Halo 2 for Windows Vista, Microsoft Shadowrun (PC), Microsoft Viva Pinata (PC), Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2, Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2: African Adventure, Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2: Dino Danger, Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2: Endangered Species, Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2: Marine Mania, Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2: Ultimate Collection, Microsoft Fable III for PC
- dftsdahomeportal kberrmsg kbsetup kbtshoot KB910816