An image and its background become yellow in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista
Note Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Windows Picture and Fax Viewer do not use color profiles to manage color settings for images.
Fix the problem automatically
This troubleshooter fixes many problems.Learn moreRun now
Similar issues that the MATS package fixes
For more information about other issues that the MATS package fixes, go to the section.
Fix the problem manuallyTo fix this problem, you have to remove the incorrect color profile. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type Color Management in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- In the Color Management dialog box, click to select the Use my settings for this device check box.
- In the Profiles associated with this device list, click the color profile that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
Note If you receive a warning message, click Yes.
- Close the Color Management dialog box and then restart the computer to apply the setting.
- The MATS package scans your computer and detects if the computer is running Windows Vista.
- The MATS package deletes the registry key in the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ICM
Note During this process, a dialog box appears. This dialog box gives you the option to fix the issue automatically (this is the recommended option) or to manually select individual issues to fix.
- The MATS package displays a Restart dialog box to restart the computer by selecting Restart Now or I will Restart Later.
Article ID: 939395 - Last Review: 06/28/2012 03:36:00 - Revision: 15.0
- kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb kbsurveynew kbmatsfixme kbexpertiseinter KB939395