An image and its background become yellow in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista
When you view an image in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista, the color of the image and its background become yellow.
This issue may occur because an incorrect color profile in the Color Management setting is used for the monitor.
Note Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Windows Picture and Fax Viewer do not use color profiles to manage color settings for images.
Fix the problem automatically
The Windows Photo and Slideshow Problems troubleshooter may automatically fix the problem described in this article. Learn more
This troubleshooter fixes many problems.
| Run now |
The Windows Photo and Slideshow Problems
troubleshooter may automatically fix the problem described in this article. This troubleshooter fixes many problems.Learn moreRun now
Similar issues that the MATS package fixes
Color issues in the print preview of an image in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista
For more information about other issues that the MATS package fixes, go to the
Fix the problem manually
To fix this problem, you have to remove the incorrect color profile. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type Color Management in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- In the Color Management dialog box, click to select the Use my settings for this device check box.
- In the Profiles associated with this device list, click the color profile that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
Note If you receive a warning message, click Yes.
- Close the Color Management dialog box and then restart the computer to apply the setting.
How the MATS package works to fix this problem Other issues that the MATS package fixes
- The MATS package scans your computer and detects if the computer is running Windows Vista.
- The MATS package deletes the registry key in the following path:
Note During this process, a dialog box appears. This dialog box gives you the option to fix the issue automatically (this is the recommended option) or to manually select individual issues to fix.
- The MATS package displays a Restart dialog box to restart the computer by selecting Restart Now or I will Restart Later.
Computer is slow when Windows Photo Gallery displays TIFF images that do not fit into one page in Windows Vista
Can't preview pictures in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista
Can't see pictures in a slide show in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista
Can't download albums in Windows Live Photo Gallery after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7
Windows Live Photo Gallery freezes or can't start
Image transition issues in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows XP or in Windows Vista
A screen saver that displays pictures stops working in Windows
Article ID: 939395 - Last Review: 06/28/2012 03:36:00 - Revision: 15.0
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
- kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb kbsurveynew kbmatsfixme kbexpertiseinter KB939395