PowerPoint 2013 or PowerPoint 2010 stops working after you repair a presentation
Detailed error information
When you open a presentation that contains links to an OLE object in Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 or PowerPoint 2010, you receive the following error message:
If you click Repair, the repair finishes and you receive the following message:
If you click OK, you receive the following security message:
If you click Update Links, PowerPoint crashes or restarts. Additionally, you may receive the following error message:
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
Additionally, if you open a presentation that contains a linked picture, you receive the following message where the picture used to be:
- When you are prompted to update links, do not click Update Links. Instead, click Cancel. See image
- On the File tab, click Save as, and then save the presentation into a different folder. See image
- On the File tab, click Close. See image
- On the File tab, click Open, and then open the new copy of the presentation. See image
- You are prompted to update the presentation links. Click Update Links. See image
- After PowerPoint finishes trying to update the links, you receive the following message:
- Click OK.
- Click the File tab, and then click Edit Links to Files in the Related Documents area. See image
- In the Links dialog box, select the link that you want to reestablish, and then click one of the following:
- Update Now. Use this to update the link to the OLE object or picture file.
- Change Source. Use this to change the source location for the OLE object or picture file.
- Break Link. Use this to break the link to the source file for the OLE object. Before you can break the link to a picture file, you must reestablish the link. Then, you can embed the picture into the presentation.
- Save the presentation after you have edited all the broken links in the presentation.
Article ID: 982972 - Last Review: 07/12/2013 09:17:00 - Revision: 7.1
- kbprb kbtshoot kbsurveynew kbpubtypekc kbexpertisebeginner kberrmsg kboleapp kbsmbportal KB982972