The file viewer web part displays the first page of a document (for example, Word, Excel, PDF, or PowerPoint).
1. If you're not already in edit mode, at the top right of your space, select Edit.
2. On the canvas, select the circled + icon.
3. Select File viewer.
4. Click to place the web part anywhere on the structure (floor).
5. In the file picker, select the file you'd like to use, and then select Open.
6. Select the web part, and then select the pencil icon. This opens the property panel.
7. (Optional) Select and enter Alternate text.
8. (Optional) If you want a podium to appear below the file viewer, select Show podium. To set the distance between the file viewer and the podium, use the Height from podium slider.
9. Select Save as draft or Publish.
Note: For guidance on sizing and placing web parts, see Add and use web parts in a SharePoint space.
Add actions to a file viewer
Actions make web parts interactive. You can select actions while editing your web part. After you save your space as a draft or publish it, they become interactive. Adding actions is optional.
1. While editing, select the file viewer web part, and then select the pencil icon. This opens the property panel. Scroll down to Actions.
2. Select Add action.
When you select the web part, the On trigger action occurs.
When you right-click (mouse) or long-press (controller), More actions appears.
Note: Inspect (brings the web part closer) is the default On trigger action for this web part. To configure More actions, select Add actions, and then select ... (ellipsis). To re-order the actions, drag them into the order you want.
3. For More actions, select from the following:
Save for later: Lets viewers add this file to their ‘Saved for later’ collection.
Open in a new tab: Opens the full document in a new tab.
Link to another space: Opens a linked SharePoint space.
Link to a page or item: Opens a linked URL (for example, a SharePoint page, a public website).
Play audio: Plays an attached audio file.
4. (Optional) Enter a Description.
5. To try out your actions, select Save as draft or Publish.