How can I add the transaction description to my PM Vendor Register Report?
Please follow the following instructions:
1. Go into Report Writer.
2. Before selecting any reports, click on the "Tables" button.
3. Scroll down until you see the PM_Check_Register_TEMP table.
4. Highlight it and then click on the open button. This will bring you to the Table Definition window.
5. Click on the Relationships button.
6. Click New to create a new relationship. This will now bring you to the Table Relationship Definition window.
7. Click on the ellipses button (box with three little dots on it) near the Secondary Table field.
8. Select the PM Key Master file. This will bring the file into the Secondary Table field.
9. In the drop down box near the Secondary Table Key field, select the PM_Key_MSTR_Key3.
10. Click on the drop down box that is just left of "Document Number" and select "Check Number".
11. Click on the drop down box that is just left of "Checkbook ID" and select "Checkbook ID".
12. Click "OK", close and save all changes to the Table Relationship Definition, Table Definition, and Tables windows. This will bring you to the main Report Writer screen.
13. Click on the "Reports" button.
14. Insert the PM Check Register report into your Modified Reports, highlight this report, and click open. This will bring you to the Report Definition screen.
15. Click "Tables", and you will now see the Report Table Relationships window.
16. Highlight the option called 01.Check Register TEMP and click New.
17. Highlight the PM Key Master file and click "OK".
18. Highlight the 02.-PM Key Master File and click New.
19. Highlight the PM Transaction OPEN file and click "OK".
20. Highlight the 02.-PM Key Master File once again and click on the New button.
21. Highlight the PM Paid Transaction History File and click OK.
22. You should now have four report table relations in your report table relationships window. Click on the close button to close this window.
23. Go into the Layout of the report.
24. Go to the toolbox and pull down the drop down box and change the option to "Calculated Fields".
25. Click on the "New" button, which will bring up the Calculated Field Definition window.
26. Name your Calculated field.
27. Change the result to be "String"
28. Change the expression type to be "Conditional".
29. Verify that there is a small black box surrounding the "Conditional Expression" field on the lower half of the screen. If it is not, simply click on the field, and it will appear.
30. Click on the "Fields" tab that is below the Result Type.
31. Change the Resources field to show the PM Key Master File by clicking on the drop down box and clicking on the file.
32. Change the Field to be Document Status by clicking on the drop down box near "Field", and then click "Add".
33. Click on the "Constants" tab.
34. Leave the type as integer.
35. Tab once to get to the constant field, and using your keyboard, enter the number 2 and then click the = that is under "operators", and then click Add.
36. This will give you the following conditional expression: PM_Key_MSTR.Document Status = 2 in the field.
37. Move your cursor to the True Case field and click to get the small black box surrounding it.
38. Click on the "Field" tab that is below the Result Type.
39. Change "Resources" to PM Transaction OPEN File.
40. Change "Field" to Transaction Description. Now Click Add.
41. Move your cursor to the False Case field and click to get the small black box surrounding it.
42. Click on the "Field" tab that is below the Result Type.
43. Change "Resources" to PM Paid Transaction History.
44. Change "Field" to Transaction Description.
45. Click Add. Now click on the "OK" button on the bottom of the screen. This will bring you back to the report layout, and you will see your option under calculated fields. This can be dragged into the BODY of the report.
46. Close out of the layout and save your changes. This will bring you to the Report Definition window.
47. Click on "restrictions", click "new", and name your restriction.
48. Change the Report Table to PM Key Master File
49. Change the Table Fields to Checkbook ID and click on the add field button.
50. Click on the = sign under the operators and once again click on the add field button.
51. This will give you the following restriction: PM_Key_MSTR.Checkbook ID = PM_ Key_MSTR.Checkbook ID in the restriction expression field.
52. Click on OK to close.
53. Close the report restrictions window
54. While you are still in the Report Definition window, UNMARK the Skip Blank Records checkbox.
55. Close this window and return to Dynamics and give access to the modified report under Setup > System > Security to give the user access to the modified report.
NOTE: This only works for checks that are printed from within Payables Transaction Entry.
NOTE: This will print the comment from Edit Checks for checks that are printed in a batch.
NOTE:If you include multicurrency info, the report is called the MC PM Check Register.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID:5149