I want to add the Customer Item Number field from Item Customer Maintenance (Cards | Inventory | Customers) to my Sales Order Processing Quotes, Orders and Invoices. If the Customer hasn't been assigned an Item, I would like the Item Number from the Sales Transaction Amounts Work table to print.
The following steps will work with any Quote, Order, Packing Slip, or Invoice document with the exception of the "Options" Quotes, Orders or Invoices (SOP Blank Options Invoice Form, for example).
1. Go into Report Writer (Tools | Customize | Report Writer). When logging in, select Explorer (Smart list if on Version 7.0) as the Product.
2. From the Original Reports side, highlight the desired quote, order or invoice and choose Insert.
3. From the Modified Reports side, highlight the same report and choose Open.
4. Choose Layout then select Calculated Field from the Toolbox area and choose New.
5. Type in any name, the Result Type should be String, the Expression Type should be Calculated. Choose Function and select User-Defined. Select Inventory for Core and for Function select rw_ASI_Get_Customer_Item_Number. Choose Add.
6. Choose Fields, select Sales Transaction Amounts Work for Resources. Select Item Number for Field. Choose Add.
7. Change Resources to Sales Transaction Work, select Customer Number for Field. Choose Add.
The restriction will appear similar to the following: FUNCTION SCRIPT (rw_ASI_Get_Customer_Item_number_User_DefinedSOP_LINE_WORK.Item Number SOP HDR WORK.Customer Number)
8. Select OK to save and close this calculated field. If you are using a quote, order or invoice add this new field to the H2 and H3 sections. If you are using a packing slip, add this new field to the H3 and H4 sections.
9. Select Calculated Field from the Toolbox area and choose New. Type in any name, the Result Type should be String, the Expression Type should be Conditional. Click the Fields tab and choose Calculated Fields for the Resource. From the Field drop down, choose the first Calculated field that was created and click ADD.
10. Click the = from the Operators section. Click the Constants tab, then choose String and choose Add.
11. Click the cursor into the True Case. Choose the Fields Tab and select Sales Transaction Amounts Work as the Resource and Item Number as the Field and choose ADD.
12. Put your cursor in the False Case. Choose the Fields tab and select Calculated Fields as the Resource and select the first calculated field that was created for the field and choose ADD.
The expression will look like this:
Expression: Calculated 1 = ""
True: SOP_LINE_WORK.Item Number
False: Calculated 1
13. In Report Layout, click on the X to save and close the report layout. In Report Definition choose OK.
14. Choose File | Great Plains eEnterprise/Dynamics. In Security Setup (Setup | System | Security) grant access to the Alternate Dynamics Report or Alternate eEnterprise report, (choose Explorer as the Product).
15. Grant access to the Modified Alternate Dynamics report or the Modified Alternate eEnterprise report, choose Explorer (Smart list if on version 7.0) as the Product.
Note In order for this to work in 7.0 you must first have the Smart List service pack 3 loaded.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 25133
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.