I am using only General Ledger and Payables Management. I am posting to General Ledger using the batch date, but would like to include on my General Ledger Detailed Trial Balance the original voucher date from Payables Management. How do I do this?
Launch into Report Writer and follow the steps below.
1. Click on the Tables button on the tool bar.
2. Choose GL_YTD_TRX_OPEN and click the Open button. Click on the Relationships button in the Table Definition window and choose to create a new relationship.
3. Choose the PM Key Master File as the Secondary Table and choose PM_Key_MSTR_Key3 as the Secondary Table Key. Relate the Originating Document Number from the Primary Table to the Document Number field in the Secondary Table. Click OK and close all window you have opened in the Report Writer.
4. Click on the Reports button on the tool bar and open a primary copy of the Trial Balance Detail.
5. Click the Tables button in the Report Definition window. Highlight the Year-to-Date Transaction Open table and click on the New button. Select the PM Key Master File and click OK and the close the Report Table Relationships window.
6. Click on the Layout button in the Report Definition window. Create a new calculated field called PM Trx Date. The Result Type should be Date and Expression Type should be Conditional.
7. Click in the Conditional Expression box and create the expression as follows.
i. Click on the Fields tab.
ii. Choose Year-to-Date Transaction Open under Resources and select Originating Document Number under Field.
iii. Click the Add button. Click on the not-equal operator (<>).
iv. Click on the Constants tab.
v. Choose String for the Type and tab to the Constant field below.
vi. Press the space bar once and then click the Add button.
vii. The Conditional Expression should appear as follows: GL_YTD_TRX_OPEN.Originating Document Number <> ''
8. Click in the True Case box and create the expression as follows.
i. Click on the Fields tab.
ii. Choose PM Key Master File under Resources and select Document Date under Field.
iii. Click on the Add button.
iv. The True Case should appear as follows: PM_Key_MSTR.Document Date
9. Click in the False Case box and create the expression as follows.
i. Click on the Constants tab.
ii. Choose Date for the Type and tab to the Constant field below.
iii. The field should appear as all zeros. Click on the Add button.
iv. The False Case should appear as follows: 0/0/00
10. Click OK to save the new calculated field. Then drag the calculated field called PM Trx Date into the body of the report.
11. In the Report Definition window, click on the Restrictions button and choose New. Enter Document Date for the Restriction Name, choose the PM Key Master for the Report Table and Document Number for the Table Field. Click Add Field. Click on the equals sign (=). Choose the Year to Date Transaction Open for the Report Table and Originating Document Number for the Table Field, click on Add Field. Choose OK.
12. Choose New. Enter Control Number for the Restriction Name, choose PM Key Master for the Report Table and Control Number for the Table Field. Click on Add Field. Click on the equals sign (=). Chose the Year to Date Transaction Open for the Report Table and the Originating Control Number for the Table Field, click on Add Field. Choose OK.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 3081
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.