After updating to Google Chrome 37, an error is received when attempting to add a new status reason, or when editing an existing status reason, in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
There was an error with this field's customized event.
showModalDialog() is a method to create a dialog and returns the value set by the dialog. This is a core method used in dialog-return scenarios in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Until May 2015, a registry workaround is available to restore the showModalDialog() method. To enable the showModalDialog() method, the following steps can be used:
2. Extract the downloaded files, then navigate to Start | Run: gpedit.msc
3. Navigate to Local Computer Policy | Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates
4. Right-click Administrative Templates and select Add/Remove Templates
5. Add the downloaded chrome.adm templates of Windows via the dialog for the specific language
6. Once the template is added, a Google Chrome folder will appear under 'Classic Administrative Templates'
7. Select EnableDeprecatedWebPlatformFeatures setting in the right column. Right-click the setting and select Edit
8. Edit the EnableDeprecatedWebPlatformFeatures as shown below:
a. Paste in the following string value: ShowModalDialog_EffectiveUntil20150430
b. Click OK on the Show Contents dialog
c. Click Apply and OK on the Enabled Deprecated Webplatform Features dialog
9. Restart the Google Chrome browser and type chrome://policy in the address bar
a. You should observe that this deprecated feature is now enabled.