Error occurs when overriding cost in the Health Insurance Enrollment in MIcrosoft Dynamics GP:
Payroll setup information has not been created for this code. To effect changes to the value of this code, enter a value for the code in HR setup and be sure to integrate the corresponding code with Payroll."
The code was not set up/linked to Payroll.
This code needs to be set up on the Payroll side. To do this, you will make a change and have the system automtically link to the Payroll side.
1. Make sure these two options are set as follows: (These are the recommended settings for optimal performance.)
Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | System | User and verify that the option for Payroll View for Human Resource checkbox is marked for the user that will be performing the action.
Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Human Resources | Benefits and Deductions | Benefit Preferences and unmark the option for Automatically Update Payroll Benefits and Deductions.
2. Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Human Resource | Benefits and Deductions | Health Insurance.
3.Select the Health Insurance code and make a change to the Employer Contribution field to link a benefit, or the Employee Contributions field to link a deduction, or both if needed. (You can even just change one of these fields by a penny for now, and go back and update it afterwards back the correct amount. A change just needs to be made.)
Note: The integration between the HR and Payroll is driven by the amount fields. Employee contribution links to a deduction and Employer contribution links to a benefit on the Payroll side. So you must have at least $.01 in one or both of these fields at this level as needed to create the integration to the Payroll side. The system will know by how you fill out the Employee/Employer contribution amounts to prompt you for a Deduction or Benefit or both on the payroll side.
4. Click Save.
5. Click NO to 'Do you want to roll down these changes?" ** IMPORTANT not to overwrite the employee's amounts**
6. Click YES to "Do you want to set up the corresponding codes in Payroll so the Integration is complete?"
Note If you are not prompted to override the changes in Payroll, go to Tools | Setup | System | User and verify that the option for Payroll View for Human Resource checkbox is marked.
7.. The next message will be an informational message saying "THese changes must be saved..." on the payroll side. Click OK.
Note: If you made a change to the Employee contribution field, you will be prompted for the Payroll Deduction Setup. If you made a change to the Employer contribution field, you will be prompted for the Payroll Benefit Setup. If you made a change to both fields, you will be prompted with the Payroll Deduction Setup first, and then the Payroll Benefit Setup next.
8. The either the Deduction Setup or Benefit Setup window will display, and you can make any changes you want to it (Start Date, Taxes, Maximums, etc) and click SAVE.
9. You are prompted "Do you want to roll down these changes?" If you do not want to roll these down to employees, click NO. If you want the changes rolled down to the employee level, click YES. If unsure, click NO.
10. Next you will be prompted for the benefit side, if you made changes to both Employee and Employer fields, repeat steps 8-9 again for the benefit side,
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID:31416