The VAT Daybook Summary Report prints a blank page before the actual report is printed when you use the VAT Daybook Summary Template BE-NL Simple template in the Use VAT Daybook window in Microsoft Dynamics GP. All the data prints on page 2 of the report.
The Report Header section is too long so it overflows and causes a blank page. This is currently logged as Quality Issue #63856 (won't fix - as modified report is available below).
Use one of the following methods to modify the report in Report Writer (Method 1) or download the modified report (Method 2).
METHOD 1- To resolve this issue, use Report Writer to shorten the Report Header (RH) length from 825 to 790. Save the modified report and grant access to the modified report. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Print the report to screen.
2. Click on the Modify button to open the report layout in Report Writer.
3. In the report layout, click to grab the bottom of the RH section in the left margin and size it to 790 pixels.
4. Exit the window and save the changes.
5. Click on File and Microsoft Dynamics GP to exit Report Writer.
6. Under Microsoft Dynamics GP, click on Tools, point to Setup, point to System, and click on Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports. Grant access as follows:
a. Select the ID assigned to the user.
b. Select VAT Daybook as the Product.
c. Select Reports as the Type.
d. Expand Company.
e. Expand the Vat Daybook Summary Template BE-NL and mark the VAT Daybook (Modified) option.
f. Click Save to close the window.
METHOD 2 - Use these steps to download the modified report:
1. Click the following link to download the modified report (Vat Daybook Summary Template BE-NL Simple.zip) to your desktop and extract it.
2. Import in the modified report. To do this, click Tools in the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Customize, and then click Customization Maintenance. Click Import and browse out to the report saved to your desktop.
3. Now grant access to the modified report. To do this, use the steps listed in step 6 of Method 1.
The quality report #63856 is still pending triage at this time. Use the modified report about to get around this issue.