This article covers the steps to reset your administrative password if it is unknown by using the FRx Password of the Day.
To obtain the FRx Password of the Day, contact Technical Support for Microsoft Dynamics and for related products. You can log on to the Technical Support site for Microsoft Dynamics and for related products and then create a new support request. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/support/newstart.aspxYou can also contact Technical Support for Microsoft Dynamics and for related products by telephone by calling (888) 477-7877.
Please be aware that the person requesting the FRx password of the day must be set up as an Admin on their account. Requesting the FRx password of the day is a chargeable case.
This password will allow you to access FRx and reset the password with a new one for that day only. In order to reset the password without knowing if your old password was correct, you will want to follow the steps below:
1) Log in as Administrator and enterthe password of the day.
2) Once logged in, go to Admin and then click Organization andthen click FRx security. Once inside, turn off security and then log out of FRx. By turning off security, this will allow you to change the Admin Password to a new password, without knowing the old one.
3) Launch back into FRx and go to Admin and then click Organizationandenter in the Admin password of the day for the administrator login password.
4) Once in the Organization Information window, click Admin password.
5) For the Old Password, tab through this field. Then enter in the new password and click OK. It should now accept the new password even without knowing the old password. If an Admin password is not desired, tab through the New Password and Verify fields.
6) Once the new password is setup, then turn the FRx security back on in the Organization Information window by clicking FRx security.
7) Log out and log back into FRx.The new Administrator password should now work.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID:23057