How can I have a different name for each ship to address on the SOP Blank Picking Ticket Form and SOP Blank Packing Slip Form ? I do not want the customer name to show for every ship to name.
You can use the Contact Field on the Ship To Address Maintenance Screen to specify the name you would like to appear on each ship to address. Then you will need to modify the reports in Report Writer to use that field for the ship to name.
1. Go to each Ship to Address for the customers and add a name in the Contact field that you would like to appear on the Ship to Field Name on the SOP Blank Picking Ticket Form and SOP Blank Packing Slip Form .
2. Go to Report Writer ( Tools - Customize - Report Writer )
3. Click on the Reports Button.
4. Select the SOP Blank Picking Ticket Form and insert into the Modified Reports side if it is not already there. Then highlight the report and click Open . Then select Layout .
5. In the layout remove the ShipToName Field in both the PH and RH section.
6. From the Toolbox , drag the Contact Person field from the Sales Transaction Work file into the same locations where you had just removed the ShipToName in step 5.
7. Close the layout and save the changes. To have the same modification on the SOP Blank Packing Slip Form follow the same procedures for that report also.
8. Go to File - Great Plains Dynamics.
9. Grant access to the report by going to Setup - System - Security and selecting your User and Company, then choosing Type of Modified Reports for the Sales Series and mark the Reports with an * so that the modified report is used.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 24767