How can I get my Unit Cost and Extended Price to populate on the Inventory Adjustment Edit List when the Transaction Quantity is a negative number? They populate on the Inventory Adjustment Posting Journal, but I would like to see what they are before actually posting the adjustment to or through General Ledger.
The cost layer used for an item isn’t determined until the posting process actually occurs, so the printing the true cost on the Inventory Adjustment Edit List can’t be done. However, the current cost could be printed. The current cost is the cost of the item the last time it was received into inventory, unless the item is valued using an average valuation method, in which case the current cost will be the average cost. Perform the following steps to print the current cost on the Inventory Adjustment Edit List:
Opening the Report:
1. Go to Report Writer (Tools-Customize-Report Writer)
2. Choose Reports in the Menu Bar to open the Report Writer window
3. Highlight the Inventory Adjustment Edit List in the Original Reports column and choose Insert .
4. Highlight the Inventory Adjustment Edit List in the Modified Reports column and choose Open .
5. Choose Layout in the Report Definition window
6. Double click on the Unit Cost field in the H3 section and choose Invisible for the Display Options .
7. Double click on the Extended Cost Calc field in the H3 section and choose Invisible for the Display Options .
8. In the Toolbox window, choose the Item Master table and highlight the Current Cost field. Drag this field on top of the Unit Cost field in the H3 section.
9. In the Toolbox window, choose Calculated Fields and then New .
10. Enter a name for the calculated field.
11. Choose Currency for the Result Type .
12. Under the Fields section, choose Item Master for the Resources , choose Current Cost for the Field, and then choose Add .
13. Under the Operators section, click on the multiply sign.
14. Under the Fields section, choose Inventory Transaction Amounts Work for the Resources , choose TRX QTY for the Field, and then choose Add . The calculated expression should look like this:
IV_Item_MSTR.Current Cost * IV_TRX_WORK_LINE.TRX QTY
15. Choose OK to save the calculated field.
16. Highlight the Calculated field you just created and drag it on top of the Extended Price field in the H3 Section.
Note : If you want the totals of both of these fields to print at the end of the report, drag both of these fields from the Toolbox window and put them in the F1 section. Then double click on each of them and change their Field Type to Sum.
Leaving Report Writer:
Go to File-Great Plains Dynamics/eEnterprise and choose Save to save your changes. Then grant yourself security to the Modified report by going to Setup-System-Security , choose your User ID, the company you are in, Dynamics/eEnterprise for the Product , Modified Reports for the Type , and Inventory for the Series . Then double click on this report so there is an asterisk to the left of it. This means you have security to the report.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 26617
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.