I want to see only the amount remaining on documents in the aging periods, rather than the original amount with the applied amounts listed below. The report I am using is the RM Detail Aged Trial Balance - Options. How can I do this?
Follow these steps to modify the RM Detailed Aged Trial Balance - Options using Report Writer.
1. Insert the RM Detailed Aged Trial Balance - Options into the modified report list.
2. Highlight the report and select Open.
3. In the Report Definition window choose the Tables button.
4. In the Report Table Relationships window, highlight the RM Document Temporary File and choose the New button.
5. Highlight the RM Open File and choose the OK button.
6. Select the Close button.
7. Choose Layout option from the Report Definition window.
8. Select Calculated Field from your table drop down list in the Toolbox. Choose New to create a new calculated field.
9. Name the new Calculated Field 'Net Amount 1 ' and choose Conditional as the Expression type. Result Type will be Currency .
10. Click on the Conditional expression field.
11. Using the Fields tab, select Calculated Fields from the Resources list and select Bucket 1 from the Field list, then choose Add .
12. Choose the angle brackets ("<>") from the operators list.
13. Choose the Constant tab. Choose Currency as the type and click Add.
14. Click on the True Case expression field.
15. Using the Fields tab, select the RM Open File in the Resources list. Highlight Current Trx Amount in the Field list and click on Add.
16. Click on the False Case expression field.
17. Using the Functions tab, select the System-Defined Option and choose STR_CUR from the Function list. Click on Add.
18. Choose the Constant tab and choose String as the type and click Add.
19. Use the OK button to exit the window.
20. Repeat Steps 8 through 19 to create a Net Amount calculated field for each Aging Bucket on the report. Increment the Name of the Calculated field to match the aging bucket. ie. Net Amount 2. The Bucket number in step 11 should correspond to the Net Amount field number.
21. Remove the following fields from the H2 section of the report: Bucket 1, Bucket 2, Bucket 3, Bucket 4 .
22. Remove the following fields from the Body of the report: Apply Bucket 1, Apply Bucket 2, Apply Bucket 3, Apply Bucket 4 .
23. Drag the new Calculated Fields on the layout placing them in the H2 section where Bucket 1, Bucket 2, Bucket 3, Bucket 4 were before.
24. Double Click on each of the new Calculated Fields and change the Display Option to Hide when Empty.
25. Choose the X from the top right corner of the Report Layout window.
26. Save your changes.
27. Click OK in the Report Definition window.
28. From the top menu bar, choose File - Great Plains Dynamics/eEnterprise.
29. Give users access to the modified report in the Security Setup window (Setup - System - Security).
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 4453
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.