This article describes how to add the Document Type in words to the stub of the Payables Management Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical in Great Plains.
In order to do this, create calculated fields in Report Writer. The number of calculated fields will depend on the number of Apply to Document Types you use and want to see on the Check. Set up these calculated fields in reverse order starting with Calc 5. Calc5 should be a Calculated Field, not a Conditional Calculated Field, and just print 'Payment'.
To create Conditional Calculated Fields (Calc4 through Calc1), follow these steps:
1. Click Tools , click Customize , click Report Writer , select the Great Plains Product, and then click OK to open Report Writer.
2. Click Reports , click to select Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical from the Original Reports list and then click Insert .
3. Click to select Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical from the Modified Reports list, and then click Open to open the Report Definition window.
4. Click Layout , click to select Calculated Fields from the toolbox, and then click New to create a new Calculated Field.
5. Name the field Calc6, click Conditional as the Expression Type, and then click Conditional under Expressions to highlight the Conditional Expression.
6. Click the Field Tab, click to select PM Payment Stub Duplicate as the Resources, click to select Apply to Document Type as the Field, and then click Add .
7. Click equals (=) , click the Constants Tab, click to select Integer as the Type, type 2 as the Constant, and then click Add .
8. Click to select the True Case Expression .
9. Click the Constants Tab, click to select String as the Type, type Finance Char ge as the Constant, and then click Add .
10. Click to select the False Case Expression .
11. Click the Fields Tab, click to select Calculated Fields as the Resources, click to select Calc1 as the Field, and then click Add .
Each of these calculated fields will reference the next one, so you will want to create the last one first and continue in reverse order.
The different document types are as follows:
1 = Invoice
2 = Finance Charge
3 = Misc Charge
4 = Return
5 = Credit Memo
6 = Payment
The only one of the calculated fields that you will need to place on the report is Calc1, on the Body section.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 34424
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.