This article describes how to add the Invoice Document Number to the Payables Management Check with Stub on Top and Bottom (text or graphical) in Report Writer.
You can add this field to either the Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Text, or Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical. This document uses the Graphical report, but you can select the Text report to modify that check. To add the Invoice Document Number, follow these steps:
1. Click Tools, click Customize, click Report Writer, select the Great Plains Product, and then click OK to open Report Writer.
2. Click Tables, click Tables, select PM_ Payment_ Stub_ Duplicate, and click Open.
3. Click Relationships, click New, click the Ellipse button to select the Secondary Table, select PM Transaction OPEN File, and then click OK.
4. Click to select PM_Transaction_OPEN_Key2 as the Secondary Table Key.
5. Click to select Apply to Document Type as the Primary Table to match with Document Type in the Secondary Table, click to select Apply to Voucher Number as the Primary Table to match with Voucher Number in the Secondary Table, and then click OK.
6. Click X to close the Table Relationship window, click OK to close the Table Definition window, and then click X to close the Tables window.
7. Click Reports, select Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical from the Original Reports list, click Insert.
8. Select Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical from the Modified Reports list, and then click Open to open the Report Definition window.
9. Click Tables, select PM Payment Stub Duplicate, click New, select PM Transaction OPEN File, click OK, and then click Close to close the Report Table Relationships window.
10. In the Report Definition Window, click Layout, and then click to select PM Transaction Open File from the Toolbox window.
11. Drag Document Number on to the Body (B) of the report. You may have to move existing fields to make space for this field.
12. Click X to close Report Layout: Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical, click Save, and then click OK to close the Report Definition window.
13. Click File, and then click Great Plains.
14. Click Setup, click System, click Security, select your User ID, select your Company, select the Great Plains Product, select the Modified Reports Type, select the Purchasing Series, double-click Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical so an asterisk appears next to the report name, and then click OK.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 32997
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.