How can I apply Shipping Charges to all transactions?
Use the Automatic Shipping feature built into Store Operations. Shipping charges can be based on the price of the items or the weight of the items. Use the following steps to enable this feature within Store Operations.
A. Create Shipping Charges
1. In Manager, go to Database | Shipping Carriers
2. On the General tab, enter the shipping carrier (i.e. FedEx).
3. On the Services tab, click Add to enter the services that you will use (i.e. Ground, Next Day Air).
4. Decide whether or not to apply shipping based on item weight or item price and enter the appropriate weights/prices along with the shipping charges for each service defined.
B. Edit Item Properties
1. If you are choosing to base shipping charges on the item's weight, enter the appropriate item weight in the Weight field on the Options tab of the Item Properties (Database | Items).
2. If you are choosing to base shipping charges on the item's price, enter the price in the Price field on the General tab of the Item Properties.
C. Assign Default Shipping to Each Register
With Store Operations 1.2, you are able to assign a default shipping method for each register. (With previous versions of Store Operations, all workstations needed to use the same shipping method that was defined within the Configuration setup.)
1. Go to Database | Registers | Register List.
2. Choose the appropriate register number and go to Properties.
3. On the General tab, select the default carrier and service that will be applied to each transaction from the selected register.
D. Configure Store Operations to use Default Shipping
1. In Manager, go to File | Configuration | Options tab.
2. Expand the POS Options folder.
3. Mark the option for Automatic Shipping.
Point-of-Sale must then be restarted. If the cashier needs to change the default shipping service or amount, they can press SHIFT+F1 to open the Shipping Information window and make the necessary changes.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 32364
Microsoft Retail Management System Store Operations 1.3
Microsoft Retail Management System Store Operations 1.2