This article describes how to edit the Purchase Order Status Report in Report Writer to calculate the difference between what has been invoiced and what has been shipped in Purchase Order Processing for reconciling Inventory to General Ledger.
To determine this difference so you can add it to the Inventory value and determine the General Ledger value, you must add a Calculated Field to the Purchase Order Status Report in Report Writer. To add this Calculated Field, follow these steps:
1. Click Tools, click Customize, click Report Writer, select the Great Plains product, and then click OK.
2. Click Reports, select POP Purchase Order Status Detailed from the Original Reports list, and then click Insert.
3. Select POP Purchase Order Status Detailed from the Modified Reports list, click Open, and then click Layout in the Report Definition window.
4. Click Layout in the Toolbox window, select Calculated Field, and then click New to create a new Calculated Field.
5. Name the new Calculated Field Variance.
6. Click the left parentheses, click the Field tab, click to select Purchase Receipt Line Quantity as the Resource, click to select Qty Invoiced as the Field, and then click Add.
7. Click the minus sign, click the Field tab, click to select Purchase Receipt Line Quantity as the Resource, click to select Qty Shipped as the Field, and then click Add.
8. Click the right parentheses, and then click the multiply sign.
9. Click the Field Tab, click to select Purchase Receipt Line Quantity as the Resource, click to select Split Receipt Cost as the Field, click add, and then click OK to close the Calculated Field Definition window.
10. Drag Variance from the Toolbox Layout window to the Report Layout window and put it in the Body (B) of the Report on the right.
11. Drag Variance from the Toolbox Layout window to the Report Layout window and put it in the Footer 1 (F1) section of the Report on the right, double-click on the Variance Field in F1 to open the Report Field Options window.
12. Click to select Sum as the Field Type, and then click OK to close the Report Field Options window.
13. Click X to close the Report Layout window, click Save to save the changes to this Report Layout, and then click OK.
14. Click File, and then click Microsoft Great Plains to exit Report Writer and return to the program.
15. Click Setup, click System, click Security, select your User ID, select your Company, select the Great Plains Product, select the Modified Reports Type, select the Purchasing Series, double-click POP Purchase Order Status Detailed so an asterisk appears next to the report name, and then click OK.
Note This gives you a figure that, if added to the Inventory Value, will give you the General Ledger value. It is the difference between what has been invoiced and what has been shipped. If invoiced, General Ledger is updated. If shipped, Inventory is updated. If it has been shipped and invoiced at different costs, this variance will also print.
To see an example of this report, click on the following link and download the package:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/TK2183.packageTo import a package file into Great Plains, follow these steps:
1. Download the package file to your desktop.
2. In Great Plains, click Tools, click Customize, and then click Customization Maintenance.
3. In Customization Maintenance, click Import.
4. In the Import Package File window, click Browse and browse to your desktop; select the package file you downloaded, and then click Open.
5. After the package is in the Import Package File window, click OK.
Note You may be prompted to overwrite the existing file. Choosing Yes will overwrite your existing modified report. You may wish to exit and make a backup of your existing report before you overwrite it.
6. Access the report in Report Writer.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 2183