This article describes how to modify the Payables Management Computer Checks Reprint Journal in Report Writer to exclude Voided Checks from the Check Total.
To exclude Voided Checks in the Check Total, follow these steps:
1. Click Tools, click Customize, click Report Writer, select the Great Plains Product, and then click OK to open Report Writer.
2. Click Reports, select Computer Checks Reprint Journal from the Original Reports list, click Insert.
3. Select Computer Checks Reprint Journal from the Modified Reports list, and then click Open to open the Report Definition window. 4. In the Report Definition window, click Layout, from the Toolbox window select Calculated Field, and then click New to create a new Calculated Field.
4. Type Total Check Amount as the Name, select Result Type of Currency, and then select Expression Type of Conditional.
5. Under the Fields Tab, select PM Journal Transactions Temporary as the Resources, select Voided as the Field, click Add, and then click equals (=).
6. Click the Constants tab, select a Type of Integer, type 0 as the Constant, and then click Add.
7. Click to select True Case, click the Fields tab, select PM Journal Transactions Temporary as the Resources, select Document Amount as the Field, and then click Add.
8. Click to select False Case, click the Constants tab, select a Type of Integer, type 0 as the Constant, click Add, and then click OK.
9. Click to select Document Amount in the F1 section of the Report Layout, and press DELETE.
10. Drag Total Check Amount to the F1 section where you deleted Document Amount.
11. Click X on the Report Layout: Computer Checks Reprint Journal, click Save, and then click OK to close the Report Definition window.
12. Click File, and then click Great Plains.
13. Click Setup, click System, click Security, select your User ID, select your Company, select the Great Plains Product, select the Modified Reports Type, select the Purchasing Series, double-click Computer Checks Reprint Journal so an asterisk appears next to the report name, and then click OK.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 3934
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.