We use the Customer PO Number as a description field when entering invoices through Invoice Entry. We would like this to print on the RM Statement in the same field as the description for regular sales documents entered using Transaction Entry. How can we do this?
1. Switch to Report Writer
(Tools - Customize - Report Writer).
2. Choose the Reports button on the toolbar.
3. In the Original Reports list, select the RM Statement layout you are printing.
4. Choose Insert.
5. From the Modified Reports list, select the RM Statement layout.
6. Choose Open.
7. In the Report Definition window, choose Layout to open the report layout.
8. Remove the Document Description field from the Body section of the report.
9. Choose Calculated Fields from the Toolbox. Then, choose New.
10. Name the calculated field Description/Customer PO Number.
11. Select the Conditional radio button.
12. From the Result Type list, select String.
13. Click on the Conditional Expression radio button.
14. Click on the Fields tab; select RM Statements Transaction Temp in the Resources field; select Purchase Order Number as the field. Click on Add.
15. Choose the equal (=) button from the operators.
16. Click on the Constants tab, select String in the Type field; leave the Constant line blank. Click on Add.
17. Click in the True Case field.
18. Click on the Fields tab; select RM Statements Transaction Temp in the Resources field; select Document Description as the field. Click on Add.
19. Click in the False Case field.
20. Click on the Fields tab; select RM Statements Transaction Temp in the Resources field; select Purchase Order Number as the Field. Click on Add.
21. Choose OK to close the calculated field and save your changes.
22. Drag the calculated field Description/Customer PO Number into B of the layout where the field Document Description was located.
23. Close and save the changes to the Layout.
24. Return to Dynamics and grant access to the modified report (
Setup - System - Security).
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID:4347