How can I restrict the SOP Salesperson report to print only a certain time frame?
You will want to follow the steps below to restrict the report:
A. Entering Report Writer and Opening the Report:
1. Enter Report Writer (Tools | Customize | Report Writer).
2. Select eEnterprise or Dynamics for the Product.
3. Choose the Reports button at the top of the window.
4. On the Original Reports column of the Report Writer window, find the SOP Salesperson Report.
5. Highlight the report and Insert it into the Modified Reports column.
6. Once it is in the Modified Reports side, highlight it and choose Open.
1. Once the report is open, choose the Restrictions button.
2. In the Report Restrictions window choose New.
3. Name the Restriction.
4. In the Fields area, select the Sales Transaction History File for the Report Table and Document Date for Table Fields.
5. Choose the Add Fields button.
6. choose >= in the Operators section.
7. In the Constants section, select Date for the Type and then type in the date that you want the report to start pulling information.
8. Choose the Add Constants button.
9. Choose And in the Operators section.
10. In the Fields area select the Sales Transaction History File for the Report Table and Document Date for the Table Fields.
11. Choose the Add Fields button.
12. Choose <= in the Operators section.
13. In the Constants section select Date for the Type and then type in the date that you want the report to finish pulling information.
14. Choose the Add Constants button.
15. Choose OK through all the windows until you get to the Report Definition window.
1. Choose Layout.
2. In the Toolbox select the Sales Transaction History table and find the Document Date field.
3. Drag the Document Date field onto the report.
D. Exiting Report Writer
1. Save the report and exit Report Writer under File | Great Plains eEnterprise/Dynamics.
2. Grant access to this modified report through Security Setup (Setup | System | Security) for each user that will need access.
Note You will need to go into Report Writer and modify the restriction each time the dates change.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 7242