How can I sort the Inventory Stock Status report by Item Class ID? I also want each Item class to show on a separate page with the totals for each. How can this be done?
Follow these steps:
1. First open Report Writer ( Tools - Customize - Report Writer ) and select the Reports button.
2. Highlight the Inventory Stock Status Report in the Original Report window and insert it into the Modified Reports Window.
3. Highlight the report in the Modified Reports Window and select Open.
4. From the Report Definition window select the Sort Button. Under Report Table select the Item Master. Find the Item Class Code Field and insert it into the sort by window, then select OK.
5. Select the Layout Button from the Report Definition window.
6. Select Tools - Report section options . In the Additional Footers section select New. Name it Item Class. Leave records per report body at zero. Select Item Master for the Report Table. Highlight Item Class Code and check mark to page break. Select OK. Then select OK to get out of the report section option window.
7. In the report layout, widen H1 one line. Pull the Item Class Code from the Item master to the first line of H1. Then move all fields from RF into F1.
8. Select Tools - Report Section Options . Uncheck the Report Footer. Select OK.
9. Close Report Writer making sure to save the changes you have made.
10. Within Great Plains, go to Setup - System - Security . Give yourself security to the Inventory Stock Status Report.
11. Then go to Reports - Inventory - Activity - Stock Status . Create a report option by item and Print. This will give you the Stock Status Report sorted by each Item class with their totals on a separate page.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 6671
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.