Is there a report that will project Depreciation Expense by Line Item or by GL Account Number?
Modify the FA Period Projection - Detail report (Report | Fixed Assets | Projections). This will add the Depreciation Expense Account Number to this report.
1. Go to Report Writer and select the FA Period Projection - Detail report and open the Report Definition Window.
2. Click on the Tables button to open the Report Table Relationships Window.
3. Select Asset General Information Master and click New.
4. Link the Depreciation Expense Account to it by highlighting it and clicking OK.
5. Back in the Report Table Relationships Window, click on the Depreciation Expense Account and click New.
6. Link the Account Master to it.
7. Click OK back to the Report Definition Window.
8. Click on Layout to open the report layout.
9. In the Toolbox, choose the Account Master as your table.
10. Drag the Account Number field onto the body of your report.
11. Go back to Dynamics and grant the users security to the report (Setup | System | Security).
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 29765