How do I create a report that will show me a list of the Accounts that have MDA Groups and Codes assigned to them?
You can create a customized report in Report Writer.
1. Tools | Customize | Report Writer.
2. Hit the Reports button and then select New.
3. Enter a Report Name, choose Financial as the Series, and Transaction Analysis Code as the Main Table.
4. Hit the Tables button, then choose New, select the Account Analysis Groups table from the Related Tables window, then click OK. Do the same for the Account Master and Analysis Codes Master tables. Close the Report Table Relationships window.
5. From the Reports Definition Window hit the Sort button. Sort by the Account Number from the Account Master Table and then by DTA_Group_ID from the Account Analysis Groups Table. (Highlight the Account Number in the Sort By section while inserting the DTA_Group_ID so the Account Number stays on top.) Click OK to close the Sorting Definition window.
6. Go into the Report Layout.
7. Add two Headers. Tools | Report Section Options | New
Header Name: Account Number, Report Table: Account Master, select Account Number and click OK.
Header Name: Group ID, Report Table: Account Analysis Groups, select DTA_Group_ID and click OK.
8. Click OK on the Report Section Options window, then choose Account Analysis Group table from the drop-down menu on the Toolbox, and drag the DTA_Group_ID from the scrolling window below the table name into H1.
9. Choose the Account Master table from the drop-down menu on the Toolbox, and drag the Account Number from the scrolling window below the table name into H2.
10. Choose the Analysis Codes Master table from the drop-down menu on the Toolbox, and drag the DTA_Code_ID from the scrolling window below the table name into B.
Optional: Remove the RH, PH, RF. Tools | Report Section Option, then uncheck the Report Header, Page Header, and Report Footer.
11. Close out of the Layout and the Report Definitions Window, saving the changes you made to this report.
1. Select the modified report in the Report Writer window and click Print, or
2. From the top menu bar, choose File | Great Plains Dynamics. You will need to grant users access to the modified report in the Security Setup window (Setup | System | Security) within Dynamics, choosing your User ID, Company Name, Dynamics or eEnterprise as the Product, Custom Reports as the Type, and Financial as the Series. An asterisk (*) indicates that the user has access to the modified report. To print the report, go to Reports - Customized, choose Dynamics or eEnterprise as the Product, and then select the appropriate modified report.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 18639