Modifying the Payables Management Aged Trial Balance with Options Report to print the check number in the document number field if it is a payment and the invoice number in the document number field if it is an invoice.
Steps to create a calculated field within Report Writer to add to the Aged Trial Balance with Options report that will print the check number in the document number field for payments and the invoice in the document number field for invoices:
1. Launch into Report Writer (Tools – Customize – Report Writer)
2. Click on the Reports icon within the menu.
3. Choose the PM Aged TB – Options – Detail report from the Original Reports. Highlight the report and choose Insert to move it to the Modified Reports section.
4. Double-click the report from within the Modified Reports list. This will open the Report Definition window.
5. From the Report Definition window, select Layout.
6. Here you will need to create a new calculated field. To do this, choose calculated field from the toolbox and choose New.
7. Give your new field a name. You may call it whatever you wish. For the purpose of this example, we’ll call the field DOC TYPES.
8. Choose String as the Result Type.
9. Expression Type should be Conditional.
10. Choose the Fields tab. Under resources select Payables Document Type. Under Field select Document Abbreviation. Add this.
11. Add an equal (=) sign from the operators list.
12. Choose Constants. Type should be String and constant should be PMT. Add this information.
13. Select the True Case. Next choose the "Fields" tab. Under resources, select PM Transaction Open file. Under Field select Document Number and Insert.
14. Select the False Case. Next choose the "Fields" tab. Under resources, select PM Transaction en file. Under Field select Voucher Number and Insert.
15. Save the calculated field and drag it onto the report where you wish for it to appear.
16. Make sure to give users access to the modified report by going to Setup - System - Security.
If you wish to include Returns and Credit Memo's along with the Payment numbers, you would modify steps 11 and 12. You would need to choose Payables Document Type as the table and Document Type as the Field. You will need to place in a greater than (>) symbol and make the statement > 3. This in turn will pull in Returns, Credit Memos, and Payments instead of just payments.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 27322
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.